- 1 Description
- 2 Prerequisites
- 2.1 IPv6 stack usage
- 2.2 Trusts and Windows Server 2003 R2
- 3 Assumptions
- 4 Install and configure IPA server
- 4.1 ensure all packages are as much as date
- 4.2 Install needed packages
- 4.3 Configure host title
- 4.4 Install IPA host
- 4.5 Login as admin
- 4.6 Make sure IPA users can be obtained into the system solutions
- 4.7 Configure IPA host for cross-forest trusts
- 5 Cross-forest trust list
- 5.1 Date/time settings
- 5.2 Firewall configuration
- 5.2.1 On AD DC
- 5.2.2 On IPA host
- 184.108.40.206 Firewalld
- 220.127.116.11 iptables
- 5.3 DNS configuration
- 5.3.1 Conditional DNS forwarders
- 5.3.2 If AD is subdomain of IPA
- 5.3.3 If IPA is subdomain of advertising
- 5.3.4 Verify DNS setup
- 6 Establish and trust that is verify cross-forest
- 6.1 trust that is add advertising domain
- 6.1.1 Whenever advertising administrator qualifications can be found
- 6.1.2 Whenever advertisement administrator qualifications are not available
- 6.2 Edit /etc/krb5. Conf
- 6.3 enable access for users from AD domain to protected resources
- 6.3.1 generate outside and POSIX groups for trusted domain users
- 6.3.2 Include trusted domain users to your outside team
- 6.3.3 Add outside team to POSIX team
- 6.1 trust that is add advertising domain
- 7 Test cross-forest trust
- 7.1 Utilizing SSH
- 7.2 Making use of Samba stocks
- 7.3 Making use of Kerberized internet applications
- 8 Debugging trust
- 8.1 General debugging recommendations
- 8.2 problems as a result of exhausted DNA range on reproduction
This site describes simple tips to setup and configure cross-forest trust between an IPA domain as well as a advertisement (Active Directory) domain.
- FreeIPA 3.3.3 or later is preferred
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or later on with configured advertisement DC and DNS installed locally in the DC
If you wish to install and configure advertisement DC for testing purposes, you are able to follow article creating Active Directory domain for testing purposes.
IPv6 stack use
Suggested method for modern networking applications would be to just available IPv6 sockets for paying attention because IPv4 and IPv6 share the port that is same locally. FreeIPA utilizes Samba as an element of its Active Directory integration and Samba requires enabled IPv6 stack in the device.
Adding ipv6. Disable=1 into the kernel demand line disables the entire IPv6 stack
Adding ipv6. Disable_ipv6=1 could keep the IPv6 stack functional but will likely not designate IPv6 details to your of one’s system products. This will be suggested approach for instances once you do not use IPv6 networking.
Creating and contributing to for instance /etc/sysctl. D/ipv6. Conf will avoid assigning IPv6 details to a network interface that is specific
Where interface0 is the specific program.
Observe that all we have been requiring is the fact that IPv6 stack is enabled in the kernel degree and also this is preferred method to develop networking applications for the time that is long.
Trusts and Windows Server 2003 R2
As noted above, the necessity for trusts is Windows Server 2008 R2. While cross-forest trusts had been included with woodland practical degree Windows Server 2003, you can find extra needs imposed by usage of AES encryption kinds which need domain functional degree Windows Server 2008. You can easily begin a trust from a FreeIPA server and Windows Server 2003 R2, with restricted functionality with just RC4 and DES encryption kinds. Next paragraph defines the actions required to do this. Please be aware, nonetheless, that it is unsupported, extremely experimental and of extremely value that is limited associated with poor encryption types for trusted domain objects which may be fairly effortless cracked with present improvements in technology.
To be able to set up a trust from a FreeIPA host and a Windows Server 2003 R2, you ought to improve the forest functional degree to Windows Server 2003. To work on this, available ‘Active Directory Domains and Trusts’ snap-in and right-click on ‘Active Directory Domains and Trusts’ root within the pane that is left. Then choose ‘Raise forest functional degree. ‘ and usage ‘Windows Server 2003′ given that degree to increase.
Make certain you perform this course of action before developing a trust with all the ‘ipa trust-add’ demand. All of those other setup is the same as compared to Windows Server 2008 R2.